How to Install your QuTiP
A super-short recipe for installing QuTiP on your computer:
- If your OS is MS Windows, then you need to install Visual Studio 2015 or higher (VS 2015 Community is available to download for free).
- Now download and install Conda (you can either go for the smaller version miniconda or the full distribution Anaconda, it is a matter of disk space).
- Next a Conda environment for QuTiP should be created. Use the following command to get this:
>> conda create -n qutip-env python=3
- If you have opted to install Anaconda go to the next step. Otherwise, some packages must be installed first:
>> conda install numpy scipy cython matplotlib nose jupyter notebook spyder
- To download qutip add the conda-forge channel
>> conda config --append channels conda-forge
- Eventually, install qutip:
>> conda install qutip
To check if everything is installed properly go to python, type the following, and press Enter:
>>> import qutip.testing as qt >>> qt.run()